Module 2 Assignment 2
Midterm Paper Annotated Bibliography
Choose a topic from the list provided by the Instructor and narrow down the focus. Find articles in the Walden Library or other scholarly sources that relate to your Midterm Paper topic focus. You may wish to use the Midterm Annotated Bibliography Checklist to help you organize your literature. In your Midterm Paper Annotated Bibliography, you include the article references in APA format and for each reference, you provide a brief description of the key points of the article and how you use the information from each article in your Midterm Paper Assignment. Your Instructor uses the Module 2 Annotated Bibliography Rubric to grade this Assignment.
By Day 7 of Week 4, submit the Midterm Paper Annotated Bibliography. Your Assignment must contain the following:
- A title page
- A concise, 1- to 2-paragraph description of the focus area
- Sources: 6–10 recent (less than 5 years old) articles that support the topic of your Midterm Paper. A minimum of six of these articles must reflect primary peer-reviewed research. Beyond the minimum six primary research articles, you may add additional, high-quality secondary literature (reviews or meta-analyses), and you may use websites if from a scholarly and relevant source (e.g., EPA, NCHS, etc.).
- Annotation: For each research article, include the study aim, the methods used, and the findings. For each non-research source, provide a concise description of the relevant key points addressed in the source. Include in the annotation a brief description of how you plan to use each source (e.g., provides statistics for the problem, etc.)
- A reference page. Your references must follow APA formatting.
Module 2 Learning Resources
This page contains the Learning Resources for this week. Be sure to scroll down the page to see all of this week’s assigned Learning Resources. To access select media resources, please use the media player below.
Note: To access this week’s required library resources, please click on the link to the Course Readings List, found in the Course Materials section of your Syllabus.
- Maxwell, N. I. (2014). Understanding environmental health: How we live in the world (2nd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning, L.L.C.
- Chapter 3, “Living with Nature”
- Section 3.1, “Infectious Disease” (pp. 72–100)
- Section 3.2, “Poisons in Nature” (pp. 101–103)
- Chapter 5, “Producing Manufactured Goods”
- Section 5.2, “Toxic Metals” (pp. 207–210)
- Chapter 6, “Producing Food”
- Section 6.1, “Modern Crop Production Practices” (pp. 238–250)
- Section 6.2, “Modern Livestock Production Practices” (pp. 250–264)
- Section 6.3, “Impacts of Modern Agriculture on Global Climate” (p. 264)
- Section 6.4, “Modern Fishing” (pp. 264–266)
- Section 6.5, “From Source to Table” (pp. 266–268)
- Section 6.6, “Organic Farming and Locally Grown Foods” (pp. 268–270)
- Section 6.7, “Regulation of Food and the Activities that Produce It” (pp. 270–277)
- Articles for Discussion: There are two required articles for this module’s Discussion. The citations for these articles are posted in the Discussion Board area. You will need to retrieve the articles from the Walden Library.
- Walden University Online Writing Center. (2014). Annotated bibliography. Retrieved from http://writingcenter.waldenu.edu/1226.htm
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (2014). Food safety. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/foodsafety/
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). (2014). Food safety. Retrieved from http://www.usda.gov/wps/portal/usda/usdahome?navid=food-safety
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). (2014). Region 7 Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs). Retrieved from www.epa.gov/region7/water/cafo
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). (2014). Food. Retrieved from http://www.fda.gov/Food/
- World Health Organization (WHO). (2014). Food safety. Retrieved from http://www.who.int/foodsafety/en/
- Document: Town Hall Meeting Team Presentation Instructions (PDF)
- Document: Town Hall Meeting Team Contract (Word document)
- Document: Midterm Annotated Bibliography Checklist (Word document)
- Document: Midterm Annotated Bibliography Rubric (Word document)
- Document: Module 2 Discussion Rubric (Word document)