organize the essay as holistic arguments rather than short answers to the individual parts of the prompt.
Resources: Review your Week 5 readings and videos.
Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper, discussing the role of art in America since the Gilded Age. Include discussion of the following:
- Beginning with the Gilded Age, how has art been a reflection of society? Describe and examine at least three examples you have encountered or examined in this course to support your conclusions.
- How art, in the context of the social justice movements of the 20th century, challenged and shaped American society.
- The role of diversity in the development of the arts and how it changed throughout the last century in the United States.
- Your opinion on the role of art today; how does it continue to remain relevant to our lives? How could it change or develop to become more relevant to our lives?
Format your paper according to appropriate course level APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.
- Framing America, Ch. 8
- Week 5 Electronic Reserve Readings
- Latin American Artists
- Vietnam Memorial