Using Kotter’s 8-step model and one other change model, analyze aspects of the change needed for your chosen organization and include the following:
- Describe a change challenge facing the selected organization to sustain success.
- List the factors that are driving change for this selected organization.
- Identify the type of change that is needed for the selected organization. Use Figure 3.1 in Mastering the Challenges of Leading Change (linked in Resources) for your identification.
- Assess the organization’s readiness for change and ways to heighten awareness. Use the force field analysis model for this assessment.
- Articulate recommendations for change for the selected organization. These would be recommendations you would eventually deliver to the organization’s executive leadership team. Make sure you support your recommendations with materials from the course readings and from your analysis. Remember, the emphasis here is not on how to change, but on what to change, and why.
Your analysis should be written coherently to support a central idea, in appropriate APA format, with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a business professional.
- References: Support your analysis with 3 to 5 academic resources from the Capella University Library. You must use proper APA style to list your references.
- Length: 5 to 7 pages, not including the references list.
- Written communication: Demonstrate graduate-level writing skills through accurate communication of thoughts that convey the overall goals of the analysis and do not detract from the message.
- Formatting: Use APA formatting, including correct in-text citations, proper punctuation, double-spacing throughout, proper headings and subheadings, no extra line spaces before headings and subheadings, proper paragraph and block indentation, no bolding, one-inch margins all around, and no bullets.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Refer to the assignment scoring guide to ensure that you meet the grading criteria for this assignment before submission