Develop a 6-page business report on a recruiting plan strategy for
HR management and organizational leaders for the expansion of either
Fleet, Farm and Home (FFH) or an organization of your choice.
If you are choosing to base this assessment on Fleet, Farm and Home, view the
multimedia to help select a new FFH location and to recommend a
recruiting plan strategy to support this organization’s expansion.
Consider the following:
- A typical FFH store will need to hire roughly 100 part-time and full-time employees to properly staff it.
- A preferred candidate would have 1–2 years of college and 1 year of retail or customer service experience.
- A primary concern about each of the following locations under consideration is the availability of qualified applicants:
- Ottumwa, Iowa.
- Ottawa, Illinois.
- Grand Island, Nebraska.
If you choose to use your own workplace (or an organization you are
familiar with), use similar education and work experience requirements
for potential candidates as well as three U.S. markets that fit with
your selected organization.
Use federal, state, county, and city government websites, including
Chamber of Commerce or local visitor bureau sites, or any appropriate
resources, to develop the data and information needed to guide the
decision-making process for FFH or for your own workplace or
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate
your proficiency in the course competencies through the following
assessment scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Apply legal standards in human resource management decision making and practice.
- Assess laws that impact FFH’s (or a selected organization’s) recruitment strategy.
- Competency 2: Use data to support human resource management decision making.
- Compare the labor markets for each selected location.
- Competency 3: Develop human resource management strategy
recommendations to support organizational goals in a dynamic
- Recommend a location to support FFH’s (or a selected organization’s) expansion plans.
- Competency 4: Develop strategies to address HR needs and opportunities for a multicultural and inclusive workforce.
- Analyze resources for recruiting minorities.
- Competency 5: Communicate human resource management needs, opportunities, and strategies with multiple stakeholders.â€‹
- Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with
expectations for human resource professionals and master’s-level
Develop a business report on a recruiting plan strategy for FFH or
your selected organization. You may decide what elements to incorporate
into your business report, but be sure to include the following on
which HR management and organizational leaders can base their decision:
- Compare the labor markets for each selected location. Include the following in your analysis:
- Unemployment rates.
- Median incomes.
- Educational levels of the work force.
- Other relevant data. This could include ages and workforce diversity, for example.
- Assess laws that impact FFH’s (or a selected organization’s) recruiting strategy.
- Analyze resources for recruiting minorities. Research at least two credible sources for recruitment.
- Recommend a location to support FFH’s (or a selected
organization’s) expansion plans. Explain how each source
used supports your recruiting recommendations. You should have at least
five identified sources for your plan.
Your recruiting plan strategy should demonstrate graduate-level
writing skills through the accurate communication of thoughts that
support a central idea and use of correct grammar and mechanics as
expected of a human resources professional.
- References: Support your analysis with at least five academic, scholarly, or professional resources from the Capella University Library.
- Format: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and format.
- Length: Six pages, in addition to a title page and references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Save this activity to your for future reference in the workplace.