Please research/attend any live concert recently that involves women and/or non binary performers and provide the following information:
- List the title and date of concert.
- List the venue’s name, location, ticket cost, and time that you were present.
- List performer(s) names and instruments (or vocal range, if applicable).
- List titles and composers (if applicable) of the pieces performed.
- Describe the setting – is there a stage? Seats? Music stands/written music? How are the instruments laid out (if applicable)? What is the audience doing – approximately how many, and do they sit quietly? Dance? Clap? Converse? Eat and/or drink? Raucous behavior?
- Please write a 400-750 word analysis of the concert, including discussion of musical sound and content (use terminology from class), as well as notable issues in terms of gendered performance. Do the women/non binary performers dress, behave, play, sing, or otherwise mark themselves differently from men? Are there any stereotypes being challenged or reinscribed through this performance? How does that interact with the expectations set up from the genre of music? Provide a word count at the end of the essay in parentheses.