Answer each of the following questions in your own words and in 3–5 sentences:
1. What is continental drift?
2. What was Alfred Wegener’s hypothesis for continental drift, and why was his idea not accepted?
3. Explain the evidence collected in the last part of the 20th century that supports Wegener’s continentaldrift theory.
4. What is plate tectonic theory?Explainthe types of plate boundaries, and explain 1 example for each type of plate boundary.
5. Provide a brief summary of how the scientific method is applied to develop the theory.
6. Explain1 example of invention or innovation that was used or is currently used to collect more information on the continental drift theory andplate tectonics.