Select one of the following category of theories that attempts to explain why people use drugs as solutions to their mental, emotional, and physical problems:
Using the library, course materials, textbook, and Web resources, research your selected category of theories, and select 2 of the major theories within that category.
- Address the following in 3–5 pages:
- What 2 theories did you select? Briefly identify and describe them.
- For each theory, answer the following questions:
- How does this theory explain drug use and abuse? Explain in detail.
- Does this theory support a strong relationship between drug use and crime? Explain in detail.
- Find 2 articles about individuals charged with a crime while under the influence of illicit substances. Answer the following questions:
- Briefly describe the individual, the offense, and the drugs used.
- How much influence did drugs appear to have on the individual with regard to committing the crime? Explain.
- Do the cases found in your selected articles support your selected theories? Why or why not? Explain.
- Based on your research, what is the scope of the relationship between drugs and crime? Explain.
- APA format, 5 sources cited throughout the paper. 3 pages. Abstract, Refernce Page. No plagerism please.