1. What is the free cash flow for 2014?
2. Suppose Congress changed the tax laws so that Berndt’s depreciation expenses doubled. No
changes in operations occurred. What would happen to reported profit and to net cash flow?
3. Calculate the 2014 current and quick ratios based on the projected balance sheet and income
statement data. What can you say about the company’s liquidity position in 2013?
4. Calculate the 2014 inventory turnover, days sales outstanding (DSO), fixed assets turnover, and
total assets turnover.
5. Calculate the 2014 debt ratio, liabilities-to-assets ratio, times-interest-earned, and EBITDA
coverage ratios. What can you conclude from these ratios?
6. Calculate the 2014 profit margin, basic earning power (BEP), return on assets (ROA), and return
on equity (ROE). What can you say about these ratios?
7. Calculate the 2014 price / earnings ratio, price / cash flow ratio, and market / book ratio.FIN 534 – Homework Set #1
and may not be copied, further distributed, or otherwise disclosed in whole or in part, without the expressed written permission of
8. Use the extended DuPont equation to provide a summary and overview of company’s financial
condition as projected for 2014. What are the firm’s major strengths and weaknesses?