Using the financial statements from the Major Medical Center Case Study at the end of chapter 15, analyze the following:
- Review the auditor’s opinion letter and analyze any concerns.
- Review the financial statements. Analyze any unusual items and examine the balance sheet, operating statement, and cash flow statement.
- Review the notes and analyze any causes for concern.
- Calculate the following ratios using Excel: common size, current, quick, days of cash on hand, receivables turnover, average collection period, fixed asset turnover, total asset turnover, debt, debt to equity, times-interest-earned, operating margin, total margin, ROA, and RONA.
- Evaluate Major Medical Center’s financial status.
Submit to your instructor your three- to four-page Word document (not including the title and reference pages) and your Excel worksheet. Your paper should be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide, and you must cite at least three scholarly sources in addition to the textbook.