Plant Project: Choose a plant (Aloe vera) to research. Your text covers 50 plants, please choose one of them and use your text as a jump-off point. Include the following:
• Part 1: Uses, treatments and cures. What are the standard applications? Include pictures of your chosen plant.
• Part 2: Folklore and Superstition – there must be some very interesting tales about this plant!
• Part 3: Medical evidence for efficacy: scientific studies and clinical trials
• Part 4: Identify all faulty arguments you find in the literature (at least 4). Include citations.
• Part 5: Draw a conclusion: would you recommend this herb to someone? Why or why not? Make sure you use at least one “unsubstantiated” source and one that is more reputable.
• Required: Pictures make the work interesting, 2000 words, reference citations, 40 points