“Business Improvement” please select one of the two subjects to discuss.
- Select one (1) project from the working or educational environment of your choice and specify the main work process (e.g., suppliers and customers involved, work flow, etc.) of the project that you have selected. Next, suggest at least two (2) actions that a manager can take in order to improve the work process of the project in question. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use the Internet to research a global business or an organization of your choice. Next, analyze the overall effect of global competition on the business or the organization that you researched. Suggest one (1) strategy that the business leader can use in order to improve business competition and efficiency. Provide a rationale for your response.
“Variation and Statistical Thinking Strategy” : please select one of the two subjects to discuss.
- Compare and contrast the fundamental differences between special-cause variation and common-cause variation. Provide one (1) business process example of each variation to support your response.
- Select one (1) project from the working or educational environment of your choice and specify the variation nature of the project in question. Next, propose the overall manner in which you would apply statistical thinking strategy to improve the end result of the selected project. Provide a rationale to support your response.
“Business Processes” please select one of the two subjects to discuss.
- Per the textbook, to eliminate or reduce non-value-added work is a core step in improving profitability or efficiency of the business process. Give your opinion on whether or not you agree or disagree with this statement and include one (1) example of a business process which supports or criticizes the aforementioned statement to support your position.
- Determine at least two (2) challenges in identifying Opportunity for Improvements (OFIs). Suggest at least one (1) strategy that business management can use to mitigate the challenges in question. Provide a rationale to support your suggestion.