Assignment 2: Political Parties and the Electoral Process
Due Week 10 and worth 225 points
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper on the relationship between political parties and the electoral process in which you:
- Identify three to four (3-4) ideological differences between America’s two (2) major political parties.
- Analyze key reasons why third parties have never been successful at the presidential level.
- Determine the role of the campaign process in maintaining the two-party system. Use examples to support your response.
- Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites to not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are to:
- Infer a theory why the U.S. has only two major political parties.
- Develop reasoned written and spoken presentations on issues and questions involving the U.S. government and national political processes using information in the course.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in the field of U.S. government and politics.
Write clearly and concisely about U.S. government and politics using proper writing mechanics