- Must use at least 2 peer reviewed articles and one book.
- Only use academic sources.
- You must answer the question in less than 7 pages, double space, font 12, times roman. one inch margins all around
- Please use the following citation style: MLA or APA.
- No cover page.
- Put your name on the top left hand corner of the first page of the paper.
Question: “The White House, Congress, and other politicians, are so preoccupied with winning elections that they have little or no time for governing.” This comment reflects the idea now popular among leading observers of political life in Washington-that elected officials are increasingly engaged in a “permanent campaign,” and that little or nothing of substance can get accomplished under these conditions.
- What are the characteristics and indicators of the “permanent campaign”?
- How does the permanent campaign impact on the functions of governing?
- Is the increased attentiveness to the public and constituencies good for American democracy? Why or Why not?