Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
- Federal and state constitutions place limitations on criminal law. The Supreme Court will strike down a law if it is determined to be contrary to the U.S. Constitution.
- What do you think are the most important limitations that the Constitution places on criminal law? Why?
- Are there any aspects of criminal law that you feel need more restriction? Why or why not?
- Discuss the case of District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. (2008).
- What were the most important issues addressed within this case? Explain.
- What was the holding of the court? Explain.
- What law was limited? Explain how.
- What is your opinion on this issue?
- Do you agree with the holding of the court, or would you reverse the decision? Why?