Identifying Qualitative Inquiry Themes in Research
For this discussion, complete the following:
- Summarize briefly the article you selected during the library search in this unit’s study.
- Identify where you found the article.
- Explain the theme as it is used in the article and as it relates to qualitative analysis.
- Evaluate the theme you selected.
- Discuss how you might apply the theme to a qualitative study. Be sure to provide your rationale for selecting the theme.
Design strategies include the following themes:
- Naturalistic inquiry.
- Emergent design flexibility.
- Purposeful sampling.
Data Collection and Fieldwork Strategies
Data collection and fieldwork strategies include the following themes:
- Qualitative data.
- Personal experience and engagement.
- Empathic neutrality and mindfulness.
- Dynamic systems.
Analysis strategies include the following themes:
- Unique case orientation.
- Inductive analysis and creative synthesis.
- Holistic perspective.
- Context sensitivity.
- Voice, perspective, and reflexivity.
Reference for the article in the attachment
Kirrane, M., Breen, M., & O’Connor, C. (2018). A qualitative investigation of the origins of excessive work behaviour. Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, 91(2), 235-260. doi:10.1111/joop.12203
Persistent link to where to article was retrieved