“The Future of Public Administration” Please respond to the following.
· Imagine that you are Woodrow Wilson visiting the White House today. Compose a list of five (5) flaws that Wilson might identify, based on his perception of a so-called “good” public administration. Debate whether your listed flaws are likely real, perceived, or relative to the current social and cultural climate. Provide a rationale for your response.
· Interpret the overall manner in which the current economic climate might dictate the major themes of public sector management going forward. Provide a rationale for your response.
“Funding for Education” Please respond to the following:
· Evaluate the disparity of Alabama’s budget allocation for education and property tax to the various localities. Based on your assessment, challenge or defend the equity of the system across the various localities.
· Identify and explain your choices for reductions and increases. Discuss at least two lessons you learned about the challenge of balancing the federal budget.
“General Taxes” Please respond to the following:
Review the following scenario and then analyze the impact of tax holidays on the budget.
Scenario: Several states have declared sales tax holidays for which the state does not collect sales tax on selected items for those day or days. In most instances, the holiday has applied to purchases of clothing and the period has been a week to 10 days in August. The primary reason is to provide a “back-to-school” discount as families get ready for the upcoming year; however, in recent years, some states have proposed or enacted holidays for hurricane survival supplies, gasoline, Energy Star appliances, and guns and ammunition.
· You are the State Economic Director. Analyze the economic impact of tax holidays of up to 10 days in your state.