SBE 430 Ecommerce for Small Business Week 1 to 8
Week 1 Assignment
Case Study (Characteristics of Digital Media)
Week 2 DQ 1
Read case study 4.1: The Implications of Globalization on Consumer Attitudes. Based on this article and your experiences, debate the statement: “Site localization is essential for each country for an e-commerce offering to be successful in that country.”
Week 2 DQ 2
“Web 2.0 is simply a new label for a range of web technologies and consumer behaviors that have existed since the 1990s. It doesn’t represent a ‘paradigm shift.’” Is this statement true or false? Be sure to support your answer.
Week 2 Assignment
Case Study (How Google Generates Revenue)
Week 3 DQ 1
Read Case Study 5.3. “Boo hoo – learning from the largest European dot-com failure.” Now answer this question: Which strategic marketing assumptions and decisions arguably made Boo.com’s failure inevitable?
Week 3 DQ 2
Do you think a single person with specific e-business responsibility should be required for every medium-to-large business? Why or why not?
Week 3 Assignment
Case Study (Sandvik Steel’s E-Business Strategy)
Week 4 DQ 1
Read Case Study 8.2: Dell Gets Closer to Its Customers Online and describe approaches used by Dell within their site design and prMomotion to deliver relevant offers for different types of online customers.
Week 4 DQ 2
What are the differences between e-marketing plans and traditional marketing plans (be specific)? Secondly, is a separate and distinct e-marketing plan necessary? Why or why not?
Week 4 Assignment
Case Study (Online Branding Proposal)
Week 5 DQ 1
Do you think eMarketing and eCRM programs are more effective than past traditional marketing programs? Why or why not?
Week 5 DQ 2
What is permission marketing and why do you think companies are using this type of marketing? Secondly, do you think that permission marketing is the future? Why or why not?
Week 5 Assignment
Case Study E-CRM System
Week 6 DQ 1
Read Case Study 10.2: “Using Web 2.0 tools to support knowledge management at Janssen Cillag Australia” and answer this question: What does this case study suggest? Are there main challenges for different stages of introducing a wiki or other Web 2.0 approaches in a large organization?
Week 6 DQ 2
Do you think that the introduction of a separate e-business function is necessary in large organizations to effectively implement e-business as necessary? Why or why not?
Week 6 Assignment
Case Study (Business Thinking Evolution)
Week 7 DQ 1
Outline the arguments for and against the purchase of a content management system for small, medium, and large organizations.
Week 7 DQ 2
Should website content organization and standards for page design and copy be centrally controlled to achieve consistency across any organization, regardless of size?
Week 7 Assignment
Amazon Course Project FINAL
Team D Amazon Course Project 1
Team D Course Project 2 – Amazon Powerpoint Presentation
Week 8 Final Exam:
1. (TCO 1) Which is the greatest value of global e-commerce transactions?
2. (TCO 1) Which of these is mainly associated with buy-side e-commerce?
3. (TCO 1) A fulfillment risk of E-business is:
4. (TCO 1) An affiliate can best judge their site effectiveness through__________.
5. (TCO 1) An intermediary site which is a gateway to a range of services and information on other sites is__________.
6. (TCO 1) A revenue model is typically:
7. (TCO 2) A company ________ can be used to provide shared content for staff only.
8. (TCO 2) EDI is__________.
9. (TCO 2) A company ________ site can be used to provide access to all interested users.
10. (TCO 3) A key CRM technique is a sub-set of cross-selling, but in this case, selling more expensive products. This is__________.
1.(TCO 2) An important factor controlling the level of adoption to the Internet in a country related to ease of use is__________.
2. (TCO 2) Which of these factors is most relevant to assessing offline purchases resulting from online use?
3. (TCO 2) WAP stands for__________.
4. (TCO 3) Why is it often necessary to revisit previous stages in the systems development life cycle?
5. (TCO 4) Strategic option selection forms part of:
6. (TCO 4) An example of a metric from the customer component of the balanced scorecard:
7. (TCO 4) An example of the improved bargaining power of suppliers online.
8. (TCO 5) What is the focus of marketing orientation?
9. (TCO 5) Internet contribution is a good indicator of_________.
10. (TCO 5) The direct online contribution effectiveness refers to__________.
1.(TCO 6) Which of the following describes flow process charts?
2. (TCO 7) Tacit knowledge is__________.
3. (TCO 8) One user viewing one page of a website is__________.
4. (TCO 1 and 2) Explain Tim Berners-Lee’s contributions to e-Commerce. Analyze how those contributions have played a part in the growth of this field.
5. (TCO 4) Apply one of the four different e-commerce strategies we discussed in our lecture by picking one and explaining how an online retailer would utilize the strategy you chose.
6. (TCO 5) What is the difference between traditional and e-marketing? List an example of how you could utilize the differences of e-marketing.
7. (TCO 6 and 8) When you design a website, what are some questions you would ask yourself to design a user-centered website (list at least five questions).
8. (TCOs 1,3,4,5) Compare and contrast the traditional business model with the e-commerce model.