1. What is market segmentation and why do companies have it done? Is there one standard used to divide consumers into groups?
2. Can consumer responses to surveys change depending upon how the survey is administered? How?
3. What is the Halo effect?
4. Does the word “environment” mean the same thing to ALL people? Explain.
5. What is WITT? What is YOYO?
6. What was meant when the book said that it might be better to change consumer behavior instead of political behavior?
7. What is eco-literacy and why is it important? What changes in the behaviors of environmentally knowledgeable people?
8. What is the nature-deficit disorder?
9. Discuss how the book illustrates that fundamentally, consumers buy solutions to problems. What does this mean for companies?