The challenge is to put aside your technology for 12 straight hours!
Please write a 4-6 page paper answering the following questions:
- Were you able to last 12 hours without any kind of technology? Please explain. Yes
- How did you pass the time without technology?
- What are the benefits and pitfalls of excessive technology?
- Analyze the benefits and/or downfalls of 20th-century technologies.
- Did living without technology help you to understand and appreciate the older generations a bit more?
- What have you learned about yourself and others during this experiment?
- Did you enjoy this assignment?
- Technology NOT TO USE includes: TV, radio,
telephone or smart phone of any kind (cell or land line), Internet, ATM or
credit cards (use only cash), Kindle or iPad, tablet, iPod, microwave,
washer/dryer, gaming system of any kind.
Drive a car, use the refrigerator, use the oven/stovetop, read a book and
visit with friends and family.