You are setting up a new drug program for inmates at the local jail. Age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, economic status, and mental health disability of each inmate is taken into consideration when treating drug use and drug addiction. While designing the new program, you begin to ask yourself how your own life experiences can be used to help the inmates.
- Consider your own experiences or the experiences of those close to you when answering the following questions.
- In 5–7 paragraphs, address the following:
- How do you think age impacts decisions to use drugs? Explain.
- What role do you think age plays in drug addiction? Explain.
- Do you think women or men, if one more than the other, are more prone to drug use and drug addiction? Why?
- In your opinion, how do you think race, ethnicity, and sexual orientation play a role in drug use? Explain.
- What types of issues might exist with regard to economic status and drug use?
- What about drug addiction?