The following reading explains moral efficacy. Your journal entry will draw from this reading, so I recommend that you review the questions before completing the reading (select journal entry from the lesson navigation menu).
The following reading gives advice on how to respond to specific challenges, articulated by both you and others, and thus enhance your moral efficacy to address a moral problem in the workplace. Your discussion and journal entry will draw from this reading, so I recommend that you review the questions for both assignments before completing the reading (select journal entry from the lesson navigation menu).
This journal entry should relate to the moral problem that you are addressing in your memo. Think about the one or more solutions that you have formulated for addressing the one or more moral problems in your organization. Answer the following questions:
1. What is the biggest personal challenge that lowers your confidence in being able to enact the solution to the moral problem? You can name one of the challenges explained by Gentile (2011) or something else.
2. Script a counter-argument to the aforementioned challenge.
3. Which leaders in the organization are likely to mobilize political support behind the solution?
4. What resources (e.g., time, equipment, and money) are needed?
5. What about your organization might hinder success?