- Week 4 Assignment 1 Submission
- If Assignment 1: Occupy Wall Street Movement
you are using the Blackboard Mobile Learn iOS App, please click “View in Browser”.
BUS309 WEEK 4 Writing Assignment 1: Occupy Wall Street Movement
Due Week 4 and worth 200 points
Use the Internet or the Strayer Library to research the “Occupy Wall Street” movement that began in the fall of 2011.
Write a 6-8 page paper in which you:
1.Discuss the moral and economic implications involved in the movement.
- Analyze each of the implications identified above against the utilitarian, Kantian, and virtue ethics to determine which theory best applies to the movement. Support your position with examples and evidence.
- Determine who is responsible for income inequality and wealth distribution in the U.S. In your analysis, make sure to include if this is something that happened suddenly or if it built up over time. Explain your rationale.
- Suggest an equitable outcome from the movement that would be appropriate for our capitalistic
- Predict whether themovement will continue, fad away, or turn into something else. Provide a rationale with your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, doublespaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s
name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the considerations for and process of ethical business decision making to balance corporate and social responsibilities and address moral, economic, and legal concerns.
- Explain the concepts of justice and the factors that constitute rights using the predominant ethical theories such as utilitarian, Kantian, and virtue ethics.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business ethics.
- Write clearl and concisely about business ethics using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper,
and language and writing skills. Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.