The critical assignment is the capstone assignment for this course and is designed to assess your overall understanding of the material presented throughout the course. This assignment must be passed with at least 70% (140/200 points) in order to pass the course regardless of points accrued up to this point. Please note this assignment must be submitted through TaskStream, and the instructions for this process are provided below.
You will create a 20-minute multimedia presentation on one of the following populations:
– Victims of conflict and/or mass violence
– Persons with mental health issues
– Racial/ethnic minority groups (choose one specific group)
– Children with special needs
In the presentation, you must address:
1. Current sociodemographics of the group, major trends.
2. A review of the beliefs and stereotypes about the group throughout history. An analysis of how beliefs and stereotypes have been maintained and continue to thrive today. A history of how the group has been treated in the United States. Include content on legal, political, economic, and educational oppression the group has experienced.
3. Overview of values and norms.
4. Strengths of the group. Positive coping and resiliency of the group.
The presentation should include both text and related images. It must also include your audio narration. Further, you must incorporate the 5-7 additional scholarly sources (from your literature review) as well as use the textbook to develop your understanding of this vulnerable population. References should be cited at the end of the presentation in APA format. Suggested presentation formats include: Voice Thread, Screencast-o-matic, MoveNote, and Prezi. Be sure to include a working link or video file of your presentation. Broken links will not be graded.