Focus of the Final Paper
The Capstone Paper should demonstrate understanding of the reading as well as the implications of new knowledge. The ten to fifteen page paper should integrate readings, class discussions, field research, and literature review into proposed solution. It may include explanation and examples from previous experiences as well as implications for future applications.
Your capstone paper should focus on a topic selected in consultation with the course instructor, which was done in Week Two. In this project, you will examine a specific political or social issue. Topics may include general issues such as poverty, crime, homelessness, economic development, homeland security, corporate social responsibility, ecological/environmental projects, etc. or a specific issue in your city, community, local, state, or federal governmental, etc. You will:
- Develop a public policy to address the issue. Or you may propose a change or update to an existing public policy.
- In all cases, the focus should be on in the development of a public policy, to include utilizing all aspects of the public policy lifecycle.
- Consider use of field assessments, literature searches, personal knowledge/experience, and community records to source content.
Consult with the course instructor for more details and topic approval. The paper must be submitted to your instructor no later than the last day of class.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be ten to fifteen double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources, including a minimum of one from the Ashford Online Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Don’t waste time
Get a verified expert to help you with Ppa699 public policy development week 6 final paper
The Cheapest Homework Help