For this assignment, you will prepare and write a delivery outline for a persuasive or informational speech.
• Engage in the first six steps of preparing a speech, including selecting a topic, analyzing your audience, researching your topic, collecting supporting materials, developing main points, and organizing your speech materials.
• Practice speech preparation steps seven though nine which are wording a speech, constructing a conclusion and introduction, and rehearsing your speech.
1 Review the steps for preparing and delivering an effective speech that you explored in the textbook and in the learning activities.
2 Prepare a three to four page sentence outline on a topic of your choice. (Your topic can be persuasive or informational.)
3 Use the following checklist to ensure that your speech is effective:
◦ Choose a topic that is relevant and interesting to your audience, with a clear purpose.
◦ Ensure that you adequately research your topic.
◦ Include an introduction in your outline that gains attention and orients the audience.
◦ Be sure that your speech is clear, vivid, appropriate, well-organized, and powerful.
◦ Be sure that each main point is supported adequately.
◦ Create a speech with personal style by asking direct questions and creating immediacy.
◦ Be sure that your conclusion summarizes your thesis and provides closure.
• The use of outside resources is strongly recommended, and all speeches must be cited using current APA format