Chapter 5 of your primary text addresses the role of intelligence in supporting the Department of Homeland Security. Review Edward Snowden: Here’s How We Take Back the Internet, the TED talk presentation of the interview by Chris Anderson of Edward Snowden. And then review his interview of the Deputy Director of the NSA, Richard Ledgett, Richard Ledgett: The NSA Responds to Edward Snowden’s TED Talk. Identify the constitutional issues discussed in these presentations concerning the gathering of information to formulate intelligence.
Using these two presentations as two sides to a debate, prepare a persuasive paper (excluding the title and reference pages) in which you
- Examine the role of intelligence in countering terrorism in America.
- Discuss the constitutional issues surrounding the concept of gathering information to develop intelligence domestically.
- Provide reasoning behind who won the debate between Edward Snowden and Richard Ledgett, and clearly state your position why. Support your position with scholarly or official government sources from readings and research.
The Intelligence Gathering Debate paper
- Must be two to three pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style.
- Must include a cover page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement. The thesis must be in both the introduction and the conclusion.
- Must use at least two scholarly sources or official government sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style.